Module 4 : Own It - Part Three
1) Write on a piece of paper and burn it (BBQ, Fire Pit, Fireplace)
2) Light a candle, think about what you want to let go of then blow out the candle.
3) Fire is heat - enjoy a sauna and imagine the heat is melting what you wish to let go of.
1) Blow bubbles - each bubble representing what you wish to let go of... POP!
2) Talk, yell, sing out what you wish to let go of and let the wind take it away.
3) Throw leaves into the air and let your thoughts go with them.
1) Go to a lake or river and throw rocks - the rock representing what you wish to let go of.
2) Go for a swim or have a shower imagining the water cleanses or your thoughts go down the drain.
3) Drop marbles into a glass vase. Each marble being a thought to let go of.
1) Write on a piece of paper and bury it (have a garden?)
2) Pull weeds imagining they are what you wish to let go of.
3) Go for a walk and pick up stones and toss them leaving them on the path.
Letting Go Exercise:
Step One: Identify your element based on your birth sign.
Step Two: Identify one thing you want to let go of.
Step Three: Pick one practice from your element.
Step Four: Practice letting go with this element.
- Note: when engaging in the letting go exercise take a moment to make an intention with respect to what you wish to have instead. For example - I release/let go of resentment and embrace/let in compassion.
Step Five: Do this one practice for 7 days. Same activity, same thing you are letting go of and take note of how it feels.
Day 1 - the grip is at (9/10) - I burnt my piece of paper and I felt the grip decreased to 7. It felt really good, I felt lighter. I embraced compassion and let go of fear.
Day 2 - the grip is still at 9. I burnt my piece of paper... etc etc
Module Quick Links: